Thursday, August 23, 2012

Bittersweet

Usually, when school first gets out, I wonder how in the world I'm going to entertain all 3 children daily.  After about a week, though, we all adjust and it all becomes natural.  About 3 weeks prior to school starting, we are all ready for school to begin again.  This summer, however, felt very short.  I'm not sure if it was because I was working some and therefore had fewer days with the kids, but this summer felt short.  Also, I will admit that I was dreading Noah beginning Pre-K.  He's my baby--I've had a child at home all day every day for the past 9 years.  It's scary territory knowing that I would not have a child around for part of my day. 

Katie is now in fourth grade.  That's so hard to believe and very tough to admit that I have a child who will be in middle school in two years.  Two years is not a long time...though I used to believe that it was!  So far, she seems to be enjoying school, as she has several of her friends in her class this year.  She is quite smart, but in third grade, she did not apply herself as much as she should have.  She's also a Mountain View Bears cheerleader!  I've never seen her so excited as she is cheering!

Aidan is now in first grade.  It's hard to believe that two years ago, he was just starting Pre-K, and now he's in first grade!  His teacher seems very nice, and I'm hopeful that his year in first grade will be just as wonderful as his kindergarten year.  He learned so much, and he loves school.  He's also in PeeWee baseball now--no more tees for him!

It was really tough for me to take Noah to Pre-K.  With Noah's speech delay, I wasn't sure how it would all work out for him.  He is very friendly (and social), but it was difficult for me to let him go.  Noah may not have the same amount of speech as a typical 4-year-old, but he's so endearing.  Not only that, but he does know his letters, his numbers, and his name.  What he lacks in speech he makes up for in knowledge.  I am excited to see how he progresses this year.  Also, he's in t-ball for the first time (he was in pre-t last season), and he's making some progress in his game.

It's really tough watching your children grow up--a lot more difficult than I ever could've imaged prior to having children!

No comments:

Post a Comment