Saturday, October 9, 2010

Stressed

Things have been stressful around our house lately. As I wrote last week, I have been sick, and I am still not feeling great. I don't have much of an appetite, yet I am forcing myself to eat what I can. Noah's been going through a rough stage lately. He's decided that it's hilarious to throw objects down the stairs, therefore creating a huge mess in our downstairs hallway and on our landing. I have told him that he's being a bad boy when he does that, but the only thing that seems to get through to him is placing him in time-out.

Katie and Aidan have had pretty good weeks. Aidan is going to the pumpkin patch with his class on Tuesday, and Katie had fine arts night this past Thursday, where she sang with her class and we got to see her artwork. She's also been hard at working practicing for "The Nutcracker"!

We have been searching for Chris a new job. We need one that pays better and offers benefits. His current job was fantastic after his being unemployed for 8 months, but he's been there for 2 years now and still hasn't had a raise, and we could use more money. Who couldn't?! He's been picking up some work helping his boss get his house ready to sell, so that's been some nice money. I just feel like I never see him anymore, and I'm stressed with that as well.

On the plus side, Noah's been wanting to read books a lot lately. He frequently comes and sits in my lap, wanting me to read him a story. It seems to be helping his vocabulary quite a bit!

2 comments:

  1. Aw, I'm sorry to hear you're still not feeling well. Read the blog I just posted...I'm suffering, too. Audrey is supposed to have a field trip (across the parking lot) to the church's pumpkin patch this week, too, but I'm not sure if it's scheduled for tomorrow or Thursday. She's still asleep so I don't know if she's feeling any better or not. I don't think I'll be sending her to school tomorrow. Good luck to you and Chris with the job hunt. I can't believe he hasn't gotten a raise in the past two years. :( I'm glad Noah has taken an interest in reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you get to feeling better soon and things start to settle down a bit!

    ReplyDelete