Saturday, June 19, 2010

Girls' Day Out








Katie loves her American Girl, whose name is Amanda. Katie got her for Christmas this year. I knew the American Girl Bistro and store were at North Point Mall, but that's still kind of a long drive from Grayson. We went to a birthday party at the AG Bistro back in April, and it was wonderful! I spoke with my sister Rachel and mom, and we decided to take Katie to tea at the AG Bistro. Unfortunately, my mom couldn't make it, so Rachel, Katie and I enjoyed tea.
The AG Bistro is an amazing place. They really cater to little girls. The dolls get their own high chairs attached to the tables, and everything is pink and purple. Rachel and I ordered tea, but Katie wanted pink lemonade. Rach and I tried an orange tea and Earl Grey tea. They brought out the food, which was delicious. On the top tier, we had mini strawberry muffins and fruit kabobs with cantaloupe, strawberries, and honeydew cut into flower shapes. On the middle layer, there were three kinds of sandwiches: grilled cheese mini hearts, which Katie adored and ate 3 of; star-shaped turkey and cheese, which Katie tried but didn't eat much of; and ham, cheese, and tomato on pretzel bread, which Katie completely refused to try! Rachel and I thought the sandwiches were wonderful! On the bottom tier, we had heart-shaped gooey brownies topped with powered sugar, chocolate chip cookies, and mini cupcakes with pink icing. Katie gobbled up the sweets!

After tea, we had to shop some at the AG store. All of my kids get allowances based upon their behavior charts, but Katie recently spent some money, so I agreed to pay half of what she found, which kept her in a fairly small budget. She ended up getting a new red shirt for her doll, and some accessories--socks, shoes, sunglasses, and a headband. We rarely have the opportunity to shop at the AG store, so that's why I gave in on funding some new things for Amanda. The kids know that they the reason they get allowances is so that they will have money for special things, and that it's very rare that I will buy them toys unless it's Christmas or their birthday.
We had so much fun, that I am debating having Katie's birthday party at the AG Bistro for tea, but the bad news is that tea is only offered during the week. I'm not sure how that would work out for her friends.
I know we will go back for tea another time. The best part was that Katie got to feel very special spending some one-on-one time with her mommy (and her aunt), and I want all of the kids to feel special. I'm afraid Katie sometimes feels left out as the only girl, and spending time with her is so important.

5 comments:

  1. Glad to know that you guys had fun. Now that I have the details on AG, I will have to check it out with Lea and the family sometime. See you Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, so sweet! I didn't know you could eat there too. I thought it was just a store. I cannot wait until Annabelle is old enough to do that. And Rachel got to join you...I hope Annabelle and Sophia are close like you guys are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so yummy! As Mommy Belle mentioned, I look forward to doing stuff like that with Audrey when she is older, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It makes me want a girl! Oh well, there's always time to decide on number 3, no rush! Great pictures. That place looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tara, there's plenty of time to decide if you want another one. I still want one more...but I'm still trying to convince Chris! The AG store and bistro is wonderful--I look forward to going back!

    ReplyDelete