Monday, November 22, 2010

Really?!

For the most part, I try to stay optomistic. Sometimes things get me down, but I usually try to look at the bright side of things. Well, I can officially say that November is one of the worst months I can ever remember. Over the weekend, my parents watched the kids for a couple of hours on Saturday so that I Christmas shop for a couple of hours. Katie had Nutcracker rehearsal, and she had fun. We got home, and she ate three slices of pizza. Aidan, on the other hand, went to bed at 7 pm, complaining of achy legs and a headache. I was praying he did not have the flu. Well, around midnight, Katie knocked on our door, complaining her stomach hurt and that couldn't sleep. I took her temp--it was 102! We gave her a bucket and Tylenol, and sent her to bed. She kept knocking on our door, and on Sunday, we found both Katie and Aidan laying on the floor in front of our door. Aidan got better, but Katie stayed in bed all day, fighting that fever. Today, she still had that fever and vomiting, so I decided to take her to the dr. They tested her for strep and flu, and sure enough, she has the flu. However, her dr. felt that she was too dried out and sent us to Scottish Rite for fluids. Really?! My parents took the boys, and when Chris picked them up, Aidan had a temp as well. His fever is around 100.5, so it's not as bad, but really?



To make matters worse, I have had some complications since the D&C. I began bleeding heavily on Friday, and it's continued. I'm kind of getting worried, but I can't drag kids sick with the flu to the OB's office, so I will call and try to get some medicine called in. As my sister Becky said, I won't be of any use if I end up in the ER.

However, for the moment, I am trying to look for something positive right down during this very dark time. I am thankful that Noah is not sick, and I am thankful to have a supportive family. I think everyone can agree that this has been a bad month for us. We lost our twins, we lost Chris' grandmother, and now we have the flu that sent Katie to the hospital. But, December is next week. Maybe something positive can happen. Maybe we can find some kind of joy this holiday season.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry you had such a rough month. I hope you, Chris, and Noah stay healthy. My stomach started feeling achy this morning but I think it may be mental because of all we're going through. As much as I want to hope for a miracle, I don't think we'll be seeing family Thanksgiving, especially if we have to drive a while to get there. I really won't feel comfortable traveling until A feels 100% better. She is so vomit prone it makes me nervous. Maybe if everyone is feeling better in the next week or two we can all get together for an early holiday playdate of sorts.

    ReplyDelete