Saturday, November 27, 2010

"You Give Me Fever"

"Fever! Fever in the morning, fever all through the night." This pretty much describes our household this past week. It's no secret that Katie went to the hospital with the flu. She developed pneumonia and ended up at CHOA urgent care on Thanksgiving night. Aidan's had a low-grade fever all week, complaining that his leg hurts and he's congested. Noah developed a fever on Thanksgiving, but so far, he seems to be ok. On Wednesday, much to my dismay, I began aching and coughing, but I refused to let myself get down. I took medicine and fought through Thanksgiving and working at Van Adams the day after Thanksgiving. However, last night, I gave in. I am coughing so hard that it hurts, and my congestion has been building all day. I went to the dr. today, and he thinks I have the flu/respiratory virus and a sinus infection. Chris is the only one who seems to gotten by on this one, and I am glad that he seems ok, at least for now.

How many more days until December? This truly has been the worst month I can remember. November started so positively, too. I got my approval from insurance for the pregnancy, and I was excited that I could get an ultrasound. Then I got mad because my dr. wanted me wait until Nov. 18 for my first ultrasound. I forced the issue and got an ultrasound the first week of November, only to get excited when I saw twins and disappointed when I was told neither one was alive. The D&C was a nightmare, and then Chris' grandmother passed away two days after my surgery. Now, everyone is sick, and we've ended up at the hospital. The icing on the cake? There was a flat tire on the van this afternoon. I'm done!!!!! I need a break.

Maybe, just maybe, December has some kind of cheer coming our way. November has been nothing but a disappointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment